Henry Ford

One of the things we did last March in Florida was visit the Edison/Ford Estate Museum in Ft. Myers. Beautiful spot and very interesting. Although the Fords really spent very little time there - a couple of weeks to maybe a month every winter - there was a lot of interesting history.

Guest bofusmosby
One of the things we did last March in Florida was visit the Edison/Ford Estate Museum in Ft. Myers. Beautiful spot and very interesting. Although the Fords really spent very little time there - a couple of weeks to maybe a month every winter - there was a lot of interesting history.

What did you think of that huge Banyon tree? I have a much younger one in my yard.

Jim, the tree was one of the few things I remembered from my first visit to the Estate in 1973. I'm sure it has grown some in the intervening 40 years! I remembered it as being closer to the house but obviously, that was a faulty memory. I also thought the Ford house was part of the museum back then but that wasn't the case either. We had a wonderful day there and would like to go back in another year or two.