NOS '68 Riviera tail light bezel

68RIVGS

Agree Randy. It doesn't surprise me too much that it sold. I thought he may have to relist 2 or 3 times though. Yes its a rare piece and we know rare doesn't always equate to a sell for a pricey item. But considering its a piece that is very suseptible to pitting and that the price of rechroming has risen so much, it starts looking like a pretty good buy for someone restoring a car. My plater would charge about $230-$260 to quality replate one of those that did not have pitting. With moderate pitting I am certain it would be north of $350 so one would definitely want to start with no pitting which means they might first have to buy a clean core from the south west.

Almost 'unobtanium', you might say Jason - this is the first 'evilBay' NOS one I've ever seen, in all my years of parts dogging.

That's why I posted the link here, as trying to find one that is pit free, without 'road rash' is almost next to impossible.

( . . . think Darwin probably has them all salted away somewhere !!) LOL :)

I was very fortunate to score one of the last LH NOS ones from the Buick Farm, quite a few years back, for a very reasonable price, and I traded a 'mint' used RH '69 (...with the bars), for a 'mint' used RH '68 (...without the bars) via v8buick, from Steve, proud owner of the latest Riview cover car, to complete my resto.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest jprrbo

It's not the same picture as the one that sold. My grandfather had zero parts for my car. He was preparing to trade it for motor home when he passed away. I "stumbled" on 4 NOS RH and 2 NOS LH bezels. One pair is now on my grandfather's car. I've sold one of the RH and will sell one more RH. Then I will sit on the additional set just in case, or for bartering material, or if I run across another '68 Riv, or??

I'll bet a few people would like to 'stumble' on some of those.

Your a very lucky man to have found all of them, and especially in matched L/R sets !!

They are almost 'unobtanium' in NOS condition, and finding 'good used' that are 'pit free' is almost as hard.

The cost of rechroming originals is very expensive, and more so, if they are in poor 'pitted' condition.

They were on my 'wish list' for many years, as well as the AC vacuum actuator cannisters for the headlights,

that finally appeared NOS on 'evilBay', and it was a case of 6, that sold in pairs, for the highest bid !!

I had posted here and on v8buick, with a link to all your evilBay listings for those that had the same 'wish list'.

'Thanks' for the update on those NOS bezels.