Misc NOS Delco radio parts/knobs/controls/transformers.

Guest Tdeco

Guest Tdeco

Greetings all.

My father passed some time ago and left me with a box of NOS Delco radio parts for car radios made in the early 1940's through the 1950's. I'm at a loss on how to get these parts to the people who could use them. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thank you for your time. Respectfully submitted.

Guest Tdeco
Unfortunately most people want the radio to be branded with the car name. Even though Delco is a division of GM they apparently made radios for the aftermarket.

Hi Dave.

These are parts made by Delco for old GM made radios; be it, Cadillac, Buick, Pontiac, Chevrolet....etc... I don't think these fit in any other radio except those that went into GM automobiles? I do know that some Oldsmobile radios used Delco parts that could also be used in Buick or Cadillac branded radios. So if the radio said, "Chevrolet" on the front of it, a Delco part could be found inside.

I just don't know if any of the parts I have are usable to any of the members who have old GM made automobiles that need their radio repaired and are having trouble finding parts. Just trying to provide an avenue for those who may have a need.

If I'm missing the boat here, please let me know. Thanks for your time. John.

If you could post some pictures or part numbers / description that would be a good start. Yes, GM Radio parts could be used in every make a the GM brand and in the after market radio business. There are people that restore the old radios that might find these parts of interest. Where are you located ? Thanks for coming here for advise.

Guest Tdeco

I live in The Dalles, Oregon. About 90-100 east of Portland. The Dalles is close to the top middle of the state, just across the Columbia River from Washington state. I'm getting the parts together and out of the boxes to take pictures of them. I'm old and slow so this could take a couple of days:) I'll post them to the forum.

Guest Tdeco
Hi-I'm looking for an antenna-to-radio screw on antenna cable. Do you have any in your collection?

Thanks

Martin Lum

e-mail---marty@oldercar.com

Hi Martin. I'm pulling out all the parts I have and opening up the boxes to see whats there. If I run across something like what you are looking for, I'll send you a picture. Thanks for your interest. Would what you are looking for be a GM or Delco part? I'd say 90% of the items I have are one or the other. John.

• 1 year later...