1989 Fuel Injectors

sosuzguy

I am wanting to change out the 127k mile 24 yoa injectors. I have not even checked yet to see if GM still carrys them. My experience with Riviera is I had to use aftermarkets and some tended to work better than other applications.

What new injectors have you all used that is the best match for the car? Thank you in advance.

Fox W just changed injectors (see 8 month restoration thread) to Bosch type III I believe. The type III are supposed to have a better spray pattern and possibly better economy. The type III is a very slim body. I have no personal experience with them but have seen several threads on other forums about the benefits. You need a 19# injector @ 3 bar. It happens to be a common size, used on Mustang 5.0's for example. A less expensive alternative is to send the present ones in for reconditioning. They rarely fail, but it is possible to develop deposits that affect the spray pattern. You need an EV1 style electrical connector. I have used several brands, Bosch, Motec, Rochester and Lucas (Accel) in different flow rates. All work but cannot directly compare them.