would 66 riv seats work for a 63?

Guest cwheelin

Do you have the '66 seats? If so, look at how they're mounted. Are they bolted down at all four corners or, like the 63 - 65's, are do the front mounts wedge under a brace bolted to the floor. Take some measurements and go from there. Mounting them to the sheet metal will probably be easier than the wiring. Do you not have the '63 seats and have access to the '66 ones or are you just looking for something different. If you're just looking for something different, look at the buckets from a Chrysler Sebring convertible. They have a built in shoulder/lap belt. If you go this route, be sure you get the activator for the belts. It's under the console. There are some pretty good articles on the web that explain the intricate wiring. Pluse all of the controls for the seat are on the base of the seat itself, not on the arm rest.

Ed

Guest cwheelin

Ed,I saw a set locally for a 1966 that has new upholstery and a working seat motor but the guy is kind of rude and says it will fit because its gm and wouldn't give me any measurements so I was hoping it would be a direct swap as the outter looks the same.

My driver seat hinge that moves back and forth to let back seat passengers in (1 of them) broke and the motor doesn't work.

The guy lives an hour away so its hard to just go see so I was hoping someone here has done it or has both cars and knows,thanks

I just had two motors (one for me, one for a friend) rebuilt at the local armature repair shop. He charged me $60 apiece for them; they're like new.

After you get the motors running, clean all the gears and tracks - the old grease has turned to stone - and relube them.

Without seeing it, I'm guessing that your drivers seat hinge can be rewelded.

Probably a whole lot easier and cheaper that trying to fit the '66 seats in the '64. Besides, the '66 seats are a totally different style that the 63's.

Ed

I believe the only way they would work is if you could use the 66 seats with your original tracks and there is no guarantee that the tracks would interchange. The 66 Riv was longer and wider and the floor pan was more flat to my recollection. The tracks on the 63 thru 65 are taller on the inside next to the console. I have a 66 Wildcat with the bucket seats and while i have not taken the time to look I believe the tracks are the same height on both sides of the seat.