headlamp reflector installation

rlcokc

Guest Grant Magrath

The electrical socket for the bulb? It's a PITA!!! I used long nosed pliers to push the reflector down, while twisting the socket with my other hand.

Cheers

Grant

Thanks for the reply Grant. On the top of the springs attached to socket for bulb there is a 1/2 moon retaining clip that I can't get thru the reflector. I assume the clip goes on the inside of the reflector with the socket on the outside of the reflector--is that correct? Haven't tried to force with pliers/needlenose as it would appear the only way to get clip/retainer thru hole in relector from back side would be to bend the clip. Just force it in? Perhaps if someone could post photo of how it appears after the light bulb socket is installed on reflector I would be able to understand. Any help appreciated.

Rod, I dont have the luxury of having one in front of me but doesn't that half moon clip come loose off of one of the posts and thus allows you to force the posts into place followed by re-clipping the clip? I just recall struggling with this until I figured it out and then it was pretty simple.

Joel

Got it last nite. Remembered I had couple of headlamps from 36 but larger series and the reflector still attached. Being able to see installation solved the problem. The half moom goes to outside of reflector on back to hold socket in plance and the three bulbs/springs are pushed inside the hole and attach to reflector. Thanks for the reply.

Rod