Help Identifying 1935 Ford Parts-Wire Loom and Support Rods

Hi All:

I need help identifying these Ford Wire Looms and Support Rods:

IGNITION WIRE LOOMS

I need help with the confirmation on these ignition wire looms. I had assumed that they are 1935 Ford, but they are not mirror images of each other. The exit holes for cylinders 4 and 8 are different, but I think that is appropriate.

The mounting brackets are different lengths; the left loom brackets are shorter and marked “NS” (or “SN”?). The right side loom has a noticeable dog leg and longer mounting brackets.

In 1959 I acquired a ’35 Ford from the original owner. A short while later the engine went out, and, as we were want to do back in 1960, I dropped a 324” Olds in the car. I kept several parts, including these wire looms. I cannot think of any source for these looms other than that ’35 Ford. If they are not correct for the ’35 they would have been replaced sometime before 1959.

Are these in fact a matched set? If they are 1935, what other years would they fit?

SUPPORT RODS

I am not sure what these are called. I think that they joined the Bell Housing to the Frame to stabilize the Drive train under acceleration and hard stopping. The enclosed torque tube would make the entire drive train one massive unit. The transverse leaf spring would do little to restrict fore and aft shifting on the motor mounts. I think these rods were used to eliminate that shifting.

First, am I correct as to the purpose of these parts? Second, how did they attach? Any pictures of the rods would be appreciated

Thanks for your help!

Pat

post-48984-143141740689_thumb.jpg

post-48984-143141740655_thumb.jpg

post-48984-143141740672_thumb.jpg

I am not sure if the wire looms are correct for a 35 Ford. The parts catalog does not have a good drawing of them.

The support rods are often called chatter rods. Their purpose was to reduce clutch chatter due to drive line movement.

They were installed from the bell housing back to the frame.

I am not sure if the wire looms are correct for a 35 Ford. The parts catalog does not have a good drawing of them.

The support rods are often called chatter rods. Their purpose was to reduce clutch chatter due to drive line movement.

They were installed from the bell housing back to the frame.

The wire loom with the long "legs" and the right angle ends is correct for '35 Ford and is installed on the right (passenger) side of the engine. The other loom is a later replacement style. The correct left side loom will have the same length legs as your right side. Parts and information can be found on the Fordbarn site and the Early Ford V8 Club of America site. There are several Regional Groups of the EFV8CA in Oregon that will be glad to help you in person.