1966 Toronado UNBELIEVABLE BARGAIN $4500

Guest BJM

1966 Toronado classic car good condition - $4500 (Minnesota)

This is a sleeper steal. $4500, 85,000 one family owned 66. Look at that interior and body. Demand for nice early Toronados is way up and this one is ready to enjoy now. Look at that interior!

1966 Toronado 85,000 miles. Its been in garage since 1980. Family owned car, one owner. Runs and drives. Not show quality but could be. Some light rust on fenders, few rips to interior, new radiator, other small issues. Asking 5500 or best offer. Available for questions, showing, or information at 651 332 3925 Adam <section class="cltags"><!-- START CLTAGS -->

• <!-- CLTAG GeographicArea=Minnesota -->Location: Minnesota

3Ee3F93H55F25Hb5M5d1e034f98239d6f1dca.jpg

3K83Mb3Nd5Gf5K95M6d1ea200ce125e661042.jpg</section>

Dale

Sorry, not my car (wish it was). I posted this off craigs list browsing session the other day. It's unreal. The bargains out there. I suspect they started at $5500 and found no buyers. Sometimes, those sellers that use Craigs List only run into this issue whereas these cars do much better in a collector car marketplace such as ebay or Hemmings.

In Craigs List the ads get buried fast, or produce spam or non serious buyers. Meanwhile, on ebay, especially in the Collector Cars section, you get a more serious potential buyer.

Based on what I have seen on ebay for early Toronados this is a $6000 to $8,000 car. It could be flipped probably for $3000-$4000 profit. Nice early Toronados do well because they are such a headache to restore with so many vacuum hoses and complicated drivetrain compared to a traditional rear wheel drive 66-67 car.

But, if the car has rust or issues, like my 67, then you can get them for deep discounts.

I don't have enough to run an offer by this seller without selling 1-2 cars, but I would not hesitate if I did. The photos provided and honest description show this as a nice (and I mean nice) survivor.

What else with this much style, power and collectibility are you going to find for $3500-$4500?

I just spoke to the owner. He is the grandson of the owner who has passed away. This was his grandmothers car for all this time and was garaged. It has a radiator leak but can be test driven. He was unsure of mileage. he said one side of the rocker trim was removed and rust was present. He stated that he has it advertised presently in the Toronado Owners Assoc/Club website and a couple of TOA members have looked it over. The trunk is not rusted, drainage hoses present and working.

I find it hard to believe this car is not sold sold sold to a TOA member. He said he has received a couple of offers that he feels are too low. I think it's a solid $4000 car, even with rocker rust.

I am looking at $3000-$5000 to restore my black standard interior alone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...