1936 model 41 rear bumper gravel guard?

rlcokc

Putting the 36 back together and molding whihc attaches to rear bumper has me stumped. It has ears(3/4" x 2-3") which is held in place by the bolts for the bumper and bumper guard. It fits in between the rear of the vehicle and the bumper itself. Mine was pretty beat up and I need to bend the ears(one hole in them for bumper bolt) and do some pounding on the sheet metal so I can paint and install. I can't determine exactly how this guard is to be positioned. Is above the bumper or does it fit between the bumper and rear of car. Think I could bend arms/ears and have it either place. Haven't seen many where this part survived and would like description/photos as to how it was originally positioned. Thanks in advance.

Rod

Have a factory photo showing this guard - only time I have seen one.

It is shown with the outer circumference following the inside of the bumper bar at the top edge but instead of laying flat ( as others I have seen do ) it angles down at the front.

It covers the back of the bumper rather than filling the space between the bumper and body.

post-31244-143139341347_thumb.jpg

Edited by 50jetback
add photo scan (see edit history)

interesting--painted body color? Also received a pm and link to 37-38 buick with post showing photos of that model with gravel guard and much the same configuration. If anyone else has in photos would appreciate seeing and any additional info would be appreciated. Thanks

Rod