CCCA 2013 Re-Discover America CARavan

johndog1957

I went to the site for more info and found my questions are not answered. Does one have to be a CCCA member to go? Is there an age limit as to the cars allowed to participate; such as none newer than 19xx?

To make it plain, I suspect that my 1962 Oldsmobile, being only 51 years young, is not welcome?

I went to the site for more info and found my questions are not answered. Does one have to be a CCCA member to go? Is there an age limit as to the cars allowed to participate; such as none newer than 19xx?

To make it plain, I suspect that my 1962 Oldsmobile, being only 51 years young, is not welcome?

Dave,

Yes, you must be a CCCA member and yes, CCCA events are only open to what the club calls "Full Classics". See more at: Classic Car Club of America ? What is Classic Car?

If you are not a member already, you should check out AACA. My 1988 convertible just now qualifies for THAT club!

John

Just now, the CCCA only accepts cars up to 1948, nothing against the great cars of the 50s and 60s, but they are quite different from the cars of the 30s, which is more the primary focus of the CCCA. The tours are big fun and if you have an interest, I would encourage you to buy a car accepted by the CCCA and join in. If you like the 62 Olds, you will probably like a car from the 30s or early 40s too, and there are some good deals out there now. Lots of CCCA members also own American or European cars from the 50s and 60s or pre CCCA brass cars. Dave packard12s@hotmail.com

Guest studepeople

Yes you are correct the Lincoln Highway Association is planning a tour from both coasts to end up in Kearney, Ne. in July . I have friends who plan to start out in New York and do the route. The CCCA is also doing some of the route in May but not doing the central portion of the route as they believe it is to boring(NEB). I did the CCCA tour in 1995 as we drove out from Washington state and started the tour in New Port RI. Five weeks and 9,200 miles later we were home again. I am not sorry we went ,but this new tour is doing so many of the places we saw then(central sec) that I will save my money for a truly new adventure........