1988 Custom Cruiser for sale in AZ

Guest Joe_Varley

Guest Joe_Varley

[TABLE=class: GLTURNLG3]

<tbody>[TR]

[TD=class: GLTURNLL1]clear.cache.gif

[/TD]

[TD=class: GLTURNLJ3, align: left] me (Joe V in AZ change) [/TD]

[TD=align: right] clear.cache.gif<input style="opacity: 0; height: 1px; width: 1px; z-index: -1; overflow: hidden; position: absolute;" role="presentation" tabindex="-1" type="text">Post reply

clear.cache.gif<input style="opacity: 0; height: 1px; width: 1px; z-index: -1; overflow: hidden; position: absolute;" role="presentation" tabindex="-1" type="text">

<input style="opacity: 0; height: 1px; width: 1px; z-index: -1; overflow: hidden; position: absolute;" role="presentation" tabindex="-1" type="text">

Dec 14

[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

<input style="opacity: 0; height: 1px; width: 1px; z-index: -1; overflow: hidden; position: absolute;" role="presentation" tabindex="-1" type="text">I just bought this car from a charity auction. It is a 1 owner with 105,000 miles. The car was bought new in Wickenburg, AZ and lived in Sun City West until 2006 and Tucson since. The original owner recently passed away at 80 years old. The car is light tan with saddle cloth interior. It has 3 seats, standard a/c, power windows, locks, tilt wheel, cruise, power drivers seat, roof rack wood grain wallpaper, cornering lamps, AM-FM stereo cassette, wire wheel caps, double remote mirrors, power antenna, (broken- in up position) double lighted visor vanity mirrors, r. recliner seat, trip odometer, interior reading lamps, door edge guards, wide rocker moldings, etc. The wood grain has some scrapes here and there, some fading, and there is a dent on the quarter near the r tail light. The rear bumper rub strip has a couple chunks missing. Above the woodgrain it is excellent. Looks like all original paint. If you fixed the couple of dents and replaced the wall paper it would look great. Of course there is no rust being an AZ car. It appears 100% stock original, nothing altered.

The interior is very nice. The dash has no cracks, the door panels have no "sunburn". It sure looks like the car was garaged. The drivers seat is slightly worn, but it looks like nobody ever sat in the rest of the seats. There are tears in the rear part of the headliner from hauling stuff. A couple of the door pull strap end caps are missing.The rear carpet is very good. All glass is nice. The grille and front bumper are nice. The tires are about 80%, whitewalls. Has pretty new shocks. The air works fine. The complete owners manual package is in the glove box.

I need this car like I need hemorrhoids, but I had to bid on it so some clown would not get it and ruin it. It is at home near Phoenix. I have detailed it and fixed a couple of things. I have driven it about 200 miles this week and it runs fine. Her kids live out of state, so it appears that after she died on Nov. 7th, they donated it to charity and it was auctioned. $2,450.00 OBO I can email pictures if you are interested.

Edited by Joe_Varley (see edit history)

Good job saving it Joe. Wish it was closer. I don't need another car either, but an old Oldsmobile B wagon is just nice to have.

My bud has a 77 LeSabre Estate Wagon he's thinking about selling. Olds 403, silver w/ perfect red interior, needs paint and bumpers redone, but it is a good old workhorse and has served as our Carlisle travel car for many years. Since work and health are now getting in the way of the Carlisle trips, he says he doesn't need it. I keep telling him not to let a painter or someone else who won't take care of it get hold of it- it's way too good for that.

Guest Joe_Varley

Hi Glenn,

Yep, exactly my thoughts too. I pictured a painter getting it, loading it with 5 gallon pails of paint, ladders on the roof rack, and 3 or 4 illegals inside and completely trashing it in 6 months. To me, the car has come this far this nice in 35 years, so why let some goof who doesn't appreciate it ruin it. I hate that. Have seen it too many times. I thought about keeping it, but I have a pickup and trailer, and no extra garage space to put it out of the sun.

That '77 Buick is an excellent color combo and the 403 make it even better!

• 3 weeks later...