1938 Wiper tower gaskets

Beltfed

Suggest you go beck to the LZOC website and click on the "sources" icon. Go to the Narragansett Restoration webpage and download their catalog. There you will find many restoration items you will be needing for your future needs..mechaincal parts complete wiring looms, supplies, etc. Been making Lincoln restration parts available for over 40 years. Fine people to dea with. I've used hem since 1976.

Guest 65Starfire

Are the towers the same on a 39? I can scan mine so you can cut new ones from some neoprene if so. I have a set made by Continental Services still in the package from the 80's that can be used as a pattern.

Edited by 65Starfire (see edit history)

Beltfield, You might try Steele rubber products ,,Sometimes Ford Products Can be used..Call Steele maybe they might have a suggestion on a supplier..It's hard to believe someone doesn't sell them..

I also have a "Steele" catalog and have found no reference to them in it. Have not spoken to them so a call won't hurt. I don't know if the Ford part will fit either. I tried to look at the catalog and also Soft Seal (online) but they don't have the pics to compare. 65Starfire, if it's not to much trouble to scan them. Email me at kennardb@knology.net

Boy, I don't think that looks anything like a '38. But then I've never seen one (this is hoping someone who knows will jump in!). Thanks very much taking the time and effort to scan the gasket. Gee wheeze, redoing the Zephyr is harder than 'woodpecker lips'.

Colin Spong, Thank for the info. I can stop chasing my tail and start fabing. The chrome shop is "Atlantic Coast Plating" in Athens, TN. Five of the parts were pot metal which I was told drove the price up. Thanks to all for your input. Now on to ....well, everything else.

Colin, I finished making the tower gaskets today. They fit nicely but...there is a vertical component to them I can't get around with a single piece of rubber. Did you build them up with multiple pieces of rubber to 'get it right'? The window side of the towers looks like it needs to be quite a bit thicker than the front side. Am I correct? I am using 1/16 butyl rubber. Thanks