Rear seat ashtrays for 42 DeSoto

Doc Hubler

Does anyone know where I could get a pair of these? They are located below the windows in the rear seat area of the Club Coupe. Have the actual ashtray, just not the covers, but any for sale would likely be the entire piece. Not sure if they were diecast chrome with plastic knob or woodgrained. Does anyone know if these interchange with postwar Desotos? my guess is probably not. Pictures would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Tim

post-89110-143139278426_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the response. Anybody that may have pictures, please send. If I can find a good pair, maybe I can see about having some reproductions made as they will be nearly impossible to find otherwise. If the were plastic, maybe that's why they are missing -- more easily broken. If you have any pics of your 61 Polara, would love to see them. Have a 1960 Dodge Dart Seneca.

Here's a picture of my '61 Polara. My Dad bought it new and it became my first car. Still have it, but need to have the transmission overhauled to get it back out on the road. I think there may be a picture of the ashtray in the sales lit. I'll check and scan it in. I've seen one car where brushed stainless was used in place of the plastic. Do you have the plastic inserts on the front door moldings? What shape are they in? I have not been able to find those either.

post-50475-143139279714_thumb.jpg

There are no plastic inserts on the front door moldings that I'm aware of. If you mean garnish trim, they are the woodgrained (burl wood) metal only. The window cranks do have plastic inserts. The ashtray for the front passengers is on the dash. My car has the Sportsman upholstery. It has tan leather bolsters on top/bottom of seats with cloth seats, as per original literature (these were optional). I can't really see anything that shows clearly the ash tray covers in the back on the illustrated literature that I have. I think that the hood ornament was a diecast piece for standard cars, but that the lucite lady was optional (my car also has that).

I'll send you some pictures of my 1960 Dodge Dart Seneca. Dashboards are similar with see through speedometer.

Tim