looking for info on San Jose car dealer

35cz8

Does anybody know anything about a car dealer in San Jose, CA. in 1936 called Osin motor sale co inc? I am not sure of the name but it is on the build card for my 1936 Dodge but not real clear. Here is a scan of that part of the build card. If anyone can make out the name or think is is something other than Osin, please let me know what you think. Thanks.

Bob

post-32603-143139246399_thumb.jpg

Gotta love those "Build Records"!

I vaguely remember seeing something like this in the past. I think the name may be "Osen". There is no dot above the third letter like there is in the "i's" in "California". There also is no dot above the fourth character in "Jose". This would all indicate that the name is "Osen".

There seems to be some kind of connection with the following. Maybe use these as search terms and see what pops for you...

"Dodge Brothers' Motor Vehicles Osen"

"Dodge Brothers Trucks Osen"

"Graham Brothers Trucks Osen"

"George A Osen - President"

"H H Fitch - President"

These are all related to San Jose, CA Santa Clara County in 1936. If you are a member of Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History Records at Ancestry.com you may be all set because a lot of this info related to sources in that company. If not I see you can get 14 days free to do research.

Good luck!

Edited by 1936 D2 (see edit history)

Here's another little piece for you to research...

[TABLE]

<tbody>[TR]

[TD=class: description_col1]"Description[/TD]

[TD=class: description_col2]Interior view of and Hunt Auto , which at 69 South Second . George . and William . Hunt made all automotive parts for , tires & in their , which as a bike . William Hunt is in the motoring and . He is by several , amid some partially built .[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

<tbody>[TR]

[TD=class: description_col1]Subject-Local[/TD]

[TD=class: description_col2]Hunt, William F.

Osen, George H.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: description_col1]Geographic Coverage[/TD]

[TD=class: description_col2]SanJose--California[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: description_col1]Format[/TD]

[TD=class: description_col2]image/jpg2000[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: description_col1]Dimensions[/TD]

[TD=class: description_col2]5x7 in.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: description_col1]Rights[/TD]

[TD=class: description_col2]Material in the public domain. No restrictions on use.[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: description_col1]Note[/TD]

[TD=class: description_col2]The machinist in the dark biboveralls(mid-rightside of photograph)isFrankRinglep. Ringlep'sphotographs of SanJoseafter the 1906earthquake are included in this Library collection."

[/TD]

[/TR]

</tbody>[/TABLE]

post-67404-143139246751_thumb.jpg

Thanks 1936 D2 for the great info and leads. I have done a little researsh and it seems Osen was around for quite a long time. It is so cool to be working on a car and be able to research and trace the history of it right down to the dealership that sold it. This is turning into more than just a restoration of a neat old car. Thanks again for your help.

Bob

THAT's what the AACA Forum is all about! You not only get to have hands on fun with fixing an old car but you get to do a bunch of historic research that you probably would never have been exposed to AND meet a pile of other interested people that sometimes become good friends!

Have fun researching your project!