Has anybody used Glasscoat on their Car?

Guest Richard D

I have some cross forum experience in Autogeek Online (AGO) since I also take interest in paint correction and detailing.

I also buy some of their correction products like Pinnacle and Sovereign products. I also have a Porter Cable DA polisher and Lake Country polishing pads.

By the way, an average sale for them is coming up for Veterans day. AG Newsletter

Autogeeks CEO Mike is always giving youtube videos on how to best perform paint correction to get rid of swirl marks, ghosting, and other imperfections. With that said, to me there is no way a product can offer seven years of maintenance finish and shine without needing some sort of clearcoat correction to remove blemishes. There's over 6 steps that need to be done before one can just "polish" a turd to a shine. The paint surface needs to be free of micro contaminants. How are you going to clean up this glasscoat product if it also becomes etched/contaminated? Sounds like its just another clearcoat on top of clearcoat. At minimum, the most outward facing clearcoat surface is still going to need clay bar treatment, moisturizing of the various layers of clear coat, and swirl removal.

Paint needs moisturizing and rubbing compounds if swirl marks and chemical etching is present. The warranty is guaranteeing **original** clearcoat to be intact only, doesnt necessarily imply it will be scratch and etch free. See where Im going with this?

A car can be shiny but have so many swirl marks it looks like crap up close.

Here's a posting to the forum where someone asked a similar question about glass coat. Modern Marvels TV Show..Simonize GlassCoat - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

• 2 weeks later...

I used to frequent the Autopia Forum and was a serious Klasse user. I guess I probably could still be considered a Klasse user as I still have several full containers of the product. I have got A LOT of money tied up in numerous detailing products (including a Portor Cable 7424 that I have never used - great film that is posted above) that were suggested on the Autopia Forum and from the sponsors - just haven't detailed my cars for some time due to moving. I am definitely going to get back into detailing my own cars as soon as I finish moving. I viewed the Autogeek Forums ..... a lot of forums and looks very interesting so I registered. I imagine the best or most viewed forum for beginners is "Detailing 101" - correct me if I am wrong please. Thanks for posting SeanR....

Nic

Forgot to mention - I coud always get a good year or more out of a layered application of the Klasse Products, but this Simoniz Product - Glasscoat sure does appear more than promising.....

Edited by nic walker
left something out (see edit history)