Are 63 and 64 front bumpers the same?

Guest cwheelin

OK CW: The 65 valance has a flange with only one hole on each side where the 63 and 64 have two holes. The bumperettes and license mount and are the same for all years. The 65 bumper will fit but has a little whoop-de do below the clams. If you get the wrong valance you could be knocking your head against the wall wondering why they don't fit.

One other thing. if the chrome shop gets a lousy core it may not fit correctly. Been there done that....a lot. Mitch

Guest cwheelin

Awesome...Found a front bumper on craigslist and I had to act quick...It was from a 64 all with new chrome for the upper,lower and guards for $400

Went to go get them today and he actually is a member here as I forgot to ask his user name but his name is Fred and has a bitchin orange 64 with a metalflake silver roof that was in the ROA mag Really nice guy and not because he gave me such a good deal either,lol

Guest cwheelin

Hey Mitch, I think he paid closer to $800 for this as I got the upper,lower and the guards as it was like getting the lower,guards for free and I keep my cores.

Waiting on the engine I bought which is next but when I find something local I just cant pass up.

OK CW: I was talking to a guy that flips old cars in the SF Valley and he claims that there are an abundance of chrome shops in So. Cal. This means that there is competition and a customer can get what they want if they do some shopping. That $800 figure sounds close. $350 for the upper bar, $250 for the valance and $50-75 for each guard. Mitch