1931 - 1932 Dodge Brothers Vanities

Guest dbtimesthree

Guest dbtimesthree

Hi

I am looking for a set of the rear seat vanities for the 1931, 1932 Dodge Brothers DG or DK.

From all the pictures I am seen they are the same. Need to be in restorable condition.

Also still need the air cleaner for the 31 DG 8

Thanks

post-87857-143139238643_thumb.jpg

Edited by dbtimesthree
added picture (see edit history)

Guest DodgeKCL

I think I've said this before but I'm sure that Chrysler used GM stuff for many accessories. I know the wood grained metal ashtrays from the rear of a Plymouth are the same as Chev. I also know the front bumper on a 1931 PA Plymouth is the same as a late 1931/'32 Chev. The black painted inlaid front and rear bumpers on a 1928 and '29 Plymouth are the same as those years on Chev both being from the Weed Chain Co. I saw a 1935 Chev stake truck for sale at an auction last weekend and peeked into the front and saw once again that Chev in those years have the exact same dash as the same years of Dodge trucks. Just the detail of the gauge faces are different for obvious reasons. The layout is the same as 1931 Chev cars and may go on further. So you may find accessory parts from GM that are the same as our CPDD vehicles.

Edited by DodgeKCL (see edit history)

I think I've said this before but I'm sure that Chrysler used GM stuff for many accessories. I know the wood grained metal ashtrays from the rear of a Plymouth are the same as Chev. I also know the front bumper on a 1931 PA Plymouth is the same as a 1931 Chev. The black painted inlaid front and rear bumpers on a 1928 and '29 Plymouth are the same as those years on Chev both being from the Weed Chain Co. I saw a 1935 Chev stake truck for sale at an auction last weekend and peeked into the front and saw once again that Chev in those years have the exact same dash as the same years of Dodge trucks. Just the detail of the gauge faces are different for obvious reasons. The layout is the same as 1931 Chev cars and may go on further. So you may find accessory parts from GM that are the same as our CPDD vehicles.

A little difficult believing the two-piece 1931 Chevy bumper is the same as a one-piece 1931 Plymouth bumper. How does that work?

I think I've said this before but I'm sure that Chrysler used GM stuff for many accessories. I know the wood grained metal ashtrays from the rear of a Plymouth are the same as Chev. I also know the front bumper on a 1931 PA Plymouth is the same as a 1931 Chev. The black painted inlaid front and rear bumpers on a 1928 and '29 Plymouth are the same as those years on Chev both being from the Weed Chain Co. I saw a 1935 Chev stake truck for sale at an auction last weekend and peeked into the front and saw once again that Chev in those years have the exact same dash as the same years of Dodge trucks. Just the detail of the gauge faces are different for obvious reasons. The layout is the same as 1931 Chev cars and may go on further. So you may find accessory parts from GM that are the same as our CPDD vehicles.

This is interesting and would make a fun post to continue with comparison shots.

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

Guest DodgeKCL

I looked up photos of Chevs in 1931 and it appears the '31 PA Plymouth bumper is the same as the 1932 Chev not the '31. I've corrected my post.

It would appear keiser31 jumped the gun. I've changed my post to read '31/'32 Chev.

Yes...a lot of companies carried over some of the previous year's parts, but the majority of the '31 Chevrolets came with a two-piece bumper.