Need help determining two Dodge blocks

Guest peremik

Guest peremik

I have two 1926 Dodge engine blocks and I am trying to determine which one is more valuable than the other. The major difference I can tell between the two is the fan assemblies. One is on the head from one block and the other is actually on the block. Resources reguarding parts and machine shops that may specialize in the Dodge engines would be very helpful if you know any leads. If anyone has ANY information reguarding differences between the two or any general information for restoring one of these, please let me know.

I have more pictures of both blocks if needed.

Thanks

Mikhail

post-88589-143139217761_thumb.png

post-88589-143139217774_thumb.png

Edited by peremik (see edit history)

I have a '25 Dodge with the fan mounted on the block. I have an original '22 Dodge manual that shows the fan on the head. Both blocks you have would use the Northeast Electric starter/generator that mounted on the front left. I don't know the values though.

Guest peremik

The s# on the block with the fan on the head is A-697-799. A production date sheet I have states that the date on the block was produced on June 21st, 1926. The other blocks s# is A-740-091 and that fan is mounted on the block. The sheet states that block was produced August 14th, 1926. Is there anyway that you may be able to verify that this info I have gathered is correct? I have all of the parts and accessories for the 600 block including the original Northeast Electric starter/generator.