Antique Car Collection Virtual Tour

Guest bjones@redhillsmedia.com

I posted this before and received some great suggestions, here is the same tour but with a lot added, check out the turntable shots and all the new drivers POV panoramas. Most had trouble figuring out what to do so I created a tour map that should help get around. The panoramas will turn but it's not automatic, you have to turn the pano with the mouse or click on the circular icon. Have fun and give feedback. This is my resume to be submitted to museums, car, air and train. So feedback is very important to me.

I have also added more shots in the image galleries.

My work consist of developing virtual tours, I had the opportunity to do a excellent collection and just wanted to share with all. There are numerous way to navigate but to view interiors and the standard image galleries you need to use the tour map.

http://rhmpano.com/tours/kenaustincars/

enjoy.

Edited by bjones@redhillsmedia.com (see edit history)

Very cool!! The only critique I have is that I didnt like how it automatically began to rotate. I really lik the arrows. Could you incorporate that into having an open hood shot. Maybe set an icon just under or over the vehicle that would draw the reader into an open hood shot with the same panoramic ability. And maybe neat interior shots like that original 1907 Model K Ford. As far as the collection,...Wow... But the poor man needs more knick knacks - his walls are so bare. Is this something you could do in private garages and besides transportation/housing, what kind of expense is involved?

I turned the autorotate on yesterday, turned it back off. The problem I have is not knowing what you did out there. So it's hard to either anticipate what you want to look at, or if you did look at it.

Every car out there has it's own image gallery.

Thirteen cars have interior panoramas (like you're inside the car) There will be eleven more later today

One car is on a turntable and you watch it go around in circles, one revolution with the doors closed, one with everything open. That consisted of 192 separate shots.

So what did you see and what didn't you see, and if not, why not?

That's what I need to know

Bill

It is expensive, so far I have over 2 months involved in Mr Austins collection and the tab would run around 30k for everything you can see out there. Audio descriptions of the Rod Shop and all the vehicles. For something smaller, I would have to know what you had in mind then I could give a figure. One of the time consuming parts has been the interior panoramas because I had to do the vehicles in place and the side windows have been a nightmare. If they could have been separated with blank walls it would have gone much quicker. If you have a car turntable I can do object rotations as well. Here is the direct link to one done with a model. He doesn't have a car turntable, but I think you can see what a full size would be like.

RHMpano.com - Object 360

Bill

I have received comments about a parsing error on iPads, I found the error but can't test it. I'm an Android user.

Without finding an errors, the tour is done, all cars have an image gallery and all cars have a drivers view panorama, the html5 hasn't any errors so it should show great on iPads as well as android tablets.

At most there will two windows open, one for the main tour and the second for the galleries and drivers view. If you get lost, remember the map has links to everything.

I am using what's called 'little planet' for the drivers view panoramas, it's like your a fly on the ceiling and then drop down into the drivers seat. Let me know if you love it or hate it.

I would still like to add a commentary, but Mr. Austin has been tied up.

If you find anything broken, please leave me note.