67 riviera turn signal switch

lassejoens

hello all

I have a question about turn signal switches for my 67 Riviera. I brought a new switch because the old one wasn't working anymore. Money is tight right now so I brought a cheap aftermarket switch on eBay, but it does not seem to fit. I've seen the same aftermarket switch I brought for sale on a lot of websites, all stating that it fits a 67 Riviera. Am I missing something, or does the switch just not fit my car?

post-79641-143139187748_thumb.jpg

As you have discovered that switch won't work in the 67 Riv. I believe its for the special, skylark, lesabre models. I am not aware of any reproduced turn signal switch for the 66-67 but admit its been a long time since I had to deal with that problem so maybe someone found a solution I am not aware of. I always found NOS or a good used one. They were tough to find 20 years ago. Depending what failed on your original, maybe it can be repaired with some ingenuity.

I recall pulling one out of a 67 Toronado many years ago and it worked. 66 is mostly the same except for the switch has no provision for the 4 way flasher that came out in 67. Also the switches were different if the car had cornering lamps

If you are an ROA member check with Tech Advisor Darwin Falk