Advice on pulling a. 32 dl6

32bizcoupe

Ive pulled them using the head bolts and a comalong wrapped around the tailshaft just to balance things out as it was coming out. As far as I have experienced with DA-6 motor there is no problem with leaving manifolds on.

Remove rad, engine pans, drop the exhaust as it bolts to manifold down pipe, remove first few floorboards, remove trans shifter, easiest with steering box out of the way in my opinion and it only takes a few more minutes.

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

Might help or be of interest to follow this thread here......... I need some advice... I know its Plymouth but they are all essentially the same. Good group of guys here.

I did forget to mention removing the e-brake handle as well, you dont have to as its shorter then shifter handle but ........

Also depending on wether you have car on jack stands elevated at front depends on when that comealong comes into play to balance things out and take some stress off the head bolts.

Keep us posted

One thing that I will add is to remove the rear engine mount bolts from the engine and not the frame and the engine should slide out from between the mounts. It's an easy removal of the engine. I have done it numerous times.The driveshaft coupling in the front will be the most difficult area of access. The handbrake lever should come off with the top plate of the transmission. Personally, I always remove the transmission prior to removal of the engine. Makes it a LOT easier. No need to remove the manifolds.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)