Wanted 1932 coupe front bumpet parts

32bizcoupe

It's a little more complicated with the 32s. First, there were two styles of end connectors. The earlier ones were much thinner...more like fancy carriage bolts. See the photo with the rusty parts. The later ones were much thicker and have large flat tops. See the two photos with shinier parts.

I believe the clamps were the same on all of them, and both front and back bumpers of all styles, but I'd have to check when it's not dark out.

post-61720-143139186916_thumb.jpg

post-61720-143139186925_thumb.jpg

post-61720-143139186933_thumb.jpg

post-61720-143139186941_thumb.jpg

Nice pictures Phil, DA-6 as far as I have seen used two different styles as well, same scenario. If i remember right one style ( maybe both ) used a stainless steel cap over the head of the bolt that was crimped under after it was put in place.

Again though the head of a carriage bolt can be shaped into nearly any style you want with enough practice and a sharp grinding disk and various grits of abrasives.

That is the same original nut by the way, cant remember now but that thin nut was used somewhere ( at least one place ) else on the vehicle so they are not too hard to locate. Easy enough to cross reference the number and find those other locations.

The car is from late January 32, the pic above is very likely the original bumper(rear) as it still has the hitch that my great great grandfather welded on to haul a small trailer from Indiana to Florida. However it looks more like the chrome picture. It is certainly true that if you want a unique car you should restore it to original:)