whats value of car

Guest northerlightsnde

Guest northerlightsnde

Hi all.

my stepmother has an 1914 buick roadster and she was wanting to know the value. the car has 77 miles on the tripmeter. it has never been driver so the odomiter is at 77. it aquared the miles from being towed. it is all original except tires. it also still has the original dealer tags for it. her father owned a dealership and he had it in the showroom. then when the dealership closed they towed it to the house where it is now. it has been sitting in the garage eversence. the only thing they did was replaced the tires from dryrot. there is one spot on the side where the paint started to bubble up. the seats are a little torn but it is almost 100 years old. so i didnt think that was bad. but like i said she was wondering what it was worth. any ideas email me at

northerlightsnde@aol.com

An interesting car. This is the right place to find out about it.

Value will depend a lot on condition.

Photos ?

Location ?

http://www.buickheritagealliance.org/donations

http://www.buickheritagealliance.org/index.php/archives/browse/1914

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

Guest northerlightsnde

ok all it is a b-36 it has never ran. no photos yet but i plan to get them. like i said it sat in a show room until the dealer closed then was towed to a garage. where it sat until towed agian. it has had tires on it once and that is all the seat is a torn and dash might need redone because of cracking in wood. there is also a basketball sized bubbling in driver side fender. it is a burgandy color. we were arguing value and she said she thinks its worth a million. i know that isnt true. the car is supposed to go to my wife. when that happends i plan on getting an enclosed car trailer and putting it in that and taking it to shows. any ideas on other storage would be apreciated. thanks northerlightsnde. ps the car is in delaware.

Thanks for coming back to the forum.

As the car is in Delaware a local member of Buick Club of America perhaps can give you advise.

If you are going to keep the car join the BCA. Click on the link above in my signature

The car is worth a million. But not in dollars:- more like in cents. Just because its old & little used does not mean it worth mega dollars. A limited market for these type of cars.

Because this is an unusual situation, as having only rolled very few miles, and possibly has the original oil and all liquids, I suggest you get an apprasial by a professional that does antique cars. I think to most of us, it is hard to believe that a car has been sitting for just shy of 100 years and never run, or possibly even started, without attracting interest by local "car" people. But there have been other equally occurances. Then you need to make a decision to clean it up as a musuem piece or get it rolling to enjoy driving/riding it. If it is truly an "unmolested original", probably the only way to determine a true value is to auction it off, and then find the right place to do that. At least that is my opinion.

John