1965RIVGS --- SHOW US SOME PICS OF THE 66GS WILDCAT

buickbonehead

Hi Rick,

Would you like a pic of the parts or the cars?? lol..unfortunately I`m not much for taking pics. I wish I had taken more of my family when younger! I stopped taking pics of the cars about 20 years ago.

The part I purchased from you will be installed on a car I dont plan on doing any significant restoration work on so I am not actively "restoring" any cars right now. There is always upkeep and upgrading but these days I do more storing than restoring! I do this stuff all day so it`s hard to spend every waking hour of my day on my feet. Hopefully, when I retire soon,...

In fact, I`m freeing up some time in Oct to strip down a `66 Century Coronado which goes to the shop for the winter to have the hull completely rebuilt. I have a pic of that (!) thanks to the former owner. Perhaps we`ll get to meet and talk Wildcats at the GS Nats? Apologies in advance to the rest of the forum for posting this material here,

Tom

post-50047-143139171009_thumb.jpg

post-50047-143139170987_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1965rivgs (see edit history)

Dan-one step ahead of `ya...Buick sold Nailheads to Gray Marine which marketed the 401 as their 280 HP version marine engine; also the 215 V6. See the `66 Buick Owners Manual. This was actually one of the "lesser" options for Century in `66. Automotive based marine V8 `s had already been marketed for years in mahogany runabouts including the Chrysler Hemi. In this particular year the most desireable factory installed powerplant was a chrysler 440 CI equipped with dual quads. This particular Coronado will be re-powered with a Buick Super Wildcat-should be fun. I`m planning a few other changes to both the boat and trailer which will tip my hand as to what is snuggled under the engine box! Hoping to enjoy this termite trap in the summer weeks spent in your neighborhood....well, maybe a little farther north! If you need any parts, let me know. I have contact info for a shop which bought out the Gray Marine inventory, they are local to me,

Tom

Edited by 1965rivgs (see edit history)

I saw a post about another 66 Cat and it made me think of your GS. I thought I would try to get a quick thrill and look at a pic of your Cat. I understand about the pictures. I should have taken many more of my kids too.

That is a really cool boat. My wife and I just bought a lake house and I'll be needing one. I think I'll be buying someting new. It's been 12+ years on my cat resto and still not finished. I don't think the family will patiently wait that long for a boat ride. Good luck on the Century.

Rick

Guest wildcat465
Hoping to enjoy this termite trap in the summer weeks spent in your neighborhood....well, maybe a little farther north!

Tom, I live a little farther north of Dan's neighborhood, I would put my name in for a ride on that beautiful boat.

There was a fella selling a marine 401 with the water cooled exhaust manifolds at St. Louis Regional - Didn't get any info from him though.