37 Coupe Express Seat bottom

drdon

Studebaker friends:

Anyone out there with pictures or schematic of how the wooden base of the 37 Coupe Express seat

fits the floor. I have the seat, with the metal guides on the front to the right, but when placed on the

floor, the base of the wood in front of the battery cover rests right on that cover. Can anyone help

with some photos or advice on how to correctly fit this. (When I got this, the previous owner had

constructed a wooden framework to sit it on. Obviously home made and not appropriate.) If you

wish, just send info to drdon1111@aol.com. Thanks!

Thanks for the note Jerry. I noted in past forums you were looking back in '07.

Maybe nobody knows or can help. Mine had this wired together goofy rectangular

setup out of what were about 2x3s. I am afraid I threw it away, and now wish I

hadn't. I could have made a similar one out of oak that would have been nice-

but Studebaker must have had something to work with better than that crap.

Help out there!!

Guest GeorgeCagle

Greetings Don,

Does the Coupe Express use the same seat as the Dictator 4-Door? If it does I can send you some pictures of how my seat mounts.

George

Greetings Don,

Does the Coupe Express use the same seat as the Dictator 4-Door? If it does I can send you some pictures of how my seat mounts.

George

No George, it is quite different. First, it is fixed- that is there is no mechanism to slide it back and forth. The only adjustment is that the bottom of the separate back cushion can be set in about 4 different positions to bring it forward or backward- I guess putting the driver closer or further from the controls/pedals. Very strange setup indeed.