63/64 Turbine Wheel Covers

MartyWorld

Marty,

Yes. A special wheel is required for mounting the turbine wheel covers. There are four slotted holes outside the bolt circle that are used to mount the turbine covers. The cast piece bolts on to the wheel. The chrome spinner mounts with spring clips to the cast cover.

The only way I can think of that this might, and I emphasize might, be possible is if the estate wagons from the era came with 7" wheels AND if they did, the slots for the turbine covers were on those wheels. I have no knowledge of the existence of these wheels. I'm only making a conjecture based on information on later model wagons having wider wheels.

Another possibility would be to have the centers removed from your current wheels and mounted to some 7" rims.

You would also need to take into consideration the length of the stud in the back of the cover. They were different lengths depending on whether your car came with 5.5" or 6" wheels. You'd need the centers from a 63 or 64 wheel because of the diameter of the hub and the center hole in the wheel; it's like 3-3/8" in diameter. In '65, the hub is smaller as is the center hole in the wheel.

Sounds like a lot of "ifs."

Just curious, why do you want 7" rims?

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)