1942 46S Fender Skirt Trim Help Needed

g-g-g0

I recently purchased a '42 46S and want to put fender skirts on the car. I was fortunate enough to pick up a pair of very nice skirts with the correct trim at the Charlotte swap meet. Now I am looking for the trim that goes on the gravel gaurds. Does any one have any of the trim that they would part with? I believe that there are two pieces required per side. Correct?

If any one has an older parts book that has good part number reference to early Buicks, I would also like to get copies of Group 8 which I believe covers the trim I am looking for. Also what Group in the parts book shows fender skirts.

Thanks in advance for any leads on the parts and/or copies of the parts book.

Gary

I recently purchased a '42 46S and want to put fender skirts on the car. I was fortunate enough to pick up a pair of very nice skirts with the correct trim at the Charlotte swap meet. Now I am looking for the trim that goes on the gravel gaurds. Does any one have any of the trim that they would part with? I believe that there are two pieces required per side. Correct?

If any one has an older parts book that has good part number reference to early Buicks, I would also like to get copies of Group 8 which I believe covers the trim I am looking for. Also what Group in the parts book shows fender skirts.

Thanks in advance for any leads on the parts and/or copies of the parts book.

Gary

Here's some info from a BUICK MASTER CHASSIS PARTS BOOK on the rear fender gravel shield mouldings. Note that they DO NOT list a part number for an UPPER RIGHT moulding for your 46S model, unless it's a typo and the upper right is the same as the upper left as indicated for other 1942 50 & 70 series models.

post-41556-143139149916_thumb.jpg

Rear fender skirts are listed under Group #8.175, Shield, rear wheel (prime finish) less moulding and ornament.

Received your PM. I will forward the other requested info to you via PM sometime tomorrow.

Al Mack

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

Al:

Thanks for the information. That is what I was looking for. Appreciate your time. Would it be possible to e-mail a copy of that page as an attachment so that I can print it? I believe you have my e-mail address.

Gary

Sent.

Al Mack

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Straight eight

You might try Paul Meyer. Here is info listed

[TABLE]

<tbody>[TR]

[TD=width: 172]

[/TD]