61 Invicta bolt pattern and offset

Guest Phils61bubble

Guest Phils61bubble

I'm sure this has been asked and I ALMOST see the answer in some previous posts - - - BUT - - I need to know if the bolt pattern of a 61 Invicta (5x5) would equate to 5x120MM or 5x127MM? Would the 5x120MM fit? Also - what is the offset?

I am trying to order new plus sized wheels for a car (which I don't have in my possession yet) and am finding a difficult time determining the correct bolt pattern and offset.

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.

thanks,

Phil Johnston

Thomaston, GA

I'm sure this has been asked and I ALMOST see the answer in some previous posts - - - BUT - - I need to know if the bolt pattern of a 61 Invicta (5x5) would equate to 5x120MM or 5x127MM? Would the 5x120MM fit? Also - what is the offset?

I am trying to order new plus sized wheels for a car (which I don't have in my possession yet) and am finding a difficult time determining the correct bolt pattern and offset.

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN.

thanks,

Phil Johnston

Thomaston, GA

Phil,

I would contact your wheel supplier and discuss this. You want to discuss back space as well when you decide on a wheel diameter.

I have 18s on mine now and found I needed to install a spacer between the wheel and hub so they would clear the upper arms.

I chose a tire that reflects the diameter of the original size, 235/60/18 Goodyear Eagle GTand found the car rides well and handles nicely. I previously had 245/45/18s and they rode horrible and very rough.

Good luck on the change over

Mark

post-61549-143139126787_thumb.jpg

Guest Phils61bubble

Thanks for your input Mark. Every little bit helps - BUT - - - I am still trying to find out/confirm the bolt spacing and offset. I have talked with several different wheel mfg's and retailers and, as yet, no one has been able to tell me what I'm asking which is also what they need to know. Is a 5x5 bolt pattern the equivalent of 5x127MM? What is the backspace or offset of the factory wheels?

I have found a wheel I like that has a bolt spacing of 5x120MM - will it fit on the 5x127MM (if in fact that is the correct spacing of these buick lugs) - I don't know how much the tolerance is one to the other.

There doesn't seem to be many choices in aftermarket wheels for these cars - I don't want the "norm" which seems to be a Torque Thrust II or other mfg's wheel that is a similar 5-spoke style.

Did you have any issues with LH lugs when replacing your wheels? I understand these cars have LH lugs on the drivers side and the lug nuts for them aren't always readily available.

You have a very nice looking Buick - can't wait to get started on mine - hopefully will have it next week to begin the fun.

. . . . . Is a 5x5 bolt pattern the equivalent of 5x127MM? . . . . .

You're talking 5 bolts on a 5"-diameter circle:

To convert INCHES to MM . . . . . multiply INCHES X 25.4 . . . . . . 5 inches x 25.4 = 127 MM. :(

Al Mack

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

Guest Phils61bubble

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Mr. Mack. That answers half of my question. Do you happen to know what the offset for these wheels are? I don't have the car here so can't measure.

Guest Phils61bubble
I can measure the offset of the wheels on my '62 Electra...should be the same.

Thank you Brian, but if it's too much trouble, don't bother though. I'll have the car here next week - just getting antsy and want to order wheels. Finding this bolt pattern sure limits what you can buy off the shelf in the plus size rims.

I see you're a fellow Georgian - gotta be a good guy!!!

Phil,

Changing lug bolts is a great winter project, kind of a pain in the tush. Much easier to just buy the left hand thread lug nuts, and yes ebay is a good source. Just let your mechanic know if you take the car in for service so they dont break one. Most younger mechanics dont know about the reverse thread.

I do agree there isnt a lot of variety in the wheel patterns. have you checked the Foose Wheels site? they have some that I really liked, and something that wasnt run of the mill

Edited by WWS (see edit history)

Guest Phils61bubble
Phil,

Changing lug bolts is a great winter project, kind of a pain in the tush. Much easier to just buy the left hand thread lug nuts, and yes ebay is a good source. Just let your mechanic know if you take the car in for service so they dont break one. Most younger mechanics dont know about the reverse thread.

I do agree there isnt a lot of variety in the wheel patterns. have you checked the Foose Wheels site? they have some that I really liked, and something that wasnt run of the mill

I appreciate the input Mark, but just talked to my mechanic - the car is in shop getting some work done before I start screwing it up - gonna have him change the lugs while it's there then I don't have to worry with it later on - remembering issues like this is not one of my strong points!!:(

and yes, I've looked at the Foose site - - the original wheel I wanted was a Foose Impression - no longer made! I've picked 3 different wheels from various websites - all of them no longer in production. Others I have found so far just don't set me on fire and give me that "not run of the mill" look. I'm still on the hunt.

Edited by Phils61bubble (see edit history)