1966 Riviera GS feeler??

Guest stumppass

Guest stumppass

I've got 66 GS that's been in storage for about 18 years, the engine was completely rebuilt and running great prior to storage as well as paint and body work.

Most of the interior is out of the car but I have everything and it is all good original condition.

The engine is the original 425 and has the correct 2x4 barrel carbs, intake, air cleaner, linkage and distributor set up from a 65’. I do have the original Rochester 4 BRL intake and chrome air cleaner and a few sets of the original wheels and the orginal spoke wheel covers. I also have an original 8 track tape player and an original spare tire/mag wheel with the Tri-white wall tire that has never been used.

I also have a wooden steering wheel in good condition with the original horn bar in tact!

I also have a few new NOS parts and some reproduction parts headliner, carpet ect..

I’ve had a few back surgeries over the years and decided to find something already done and ready to enjoy.

So, what do I have here? I know I can part it out and do well but I would rather sell it all at once and I would rather sell it locally here in Tampa, Fl.

Tell me what you think!<o:p></o

Thanks<o:p></o

One factor will be the amount of documentation you have on the engine and body rebuilds. Depending on the mileage and what else the car needs from sitting so long will also have an impact. What options it has, exterior and interior color, and if its a bucket seat car are factors that will weigh in on the value as well.

The dual quads plus original intake/air cleaner and other parts you have of course will help.

The downside is the interior has been dismanteled and anyone interested in the car will need incentive in the form of a lower price to put something together that someone else took apart. If the car is not currently running that will be a very big drawback and significantly affect price.

Its very difficult to put a price on something we can't see. One method I use to help people zero in on an asking price is to start with the value of a car in excellent maintained mechanical and cosmetic condition with say less than 100k miles. Watching ebay completed listings and other known sales of premium cars (which aren't commmon) I'd say the value of a GS (with 65 dual quad setup) would be $16-$25k in this economy. The range variation is largely due to color, options, and condition. Then walk the value back from there subtracting value based on various factors mentioned.

Here is an example of decent original GS thats been for sale for awhile. http://forums.aaca.org/f177/1966-buick-riviera-fresh-barn-extra-324127.html

• 1 month later...
I've got 66 GS that's been in storage for about 18 years, the engine was completely rebuilt and running great prior to storage as well as paint and body work.

Most of the interior is out of the car but I have everything and it is all good original condition.

The engine is the original 425 and has the correct 2x4 barrel carbs, intake, air cleaner, linkage and distributor set up from a 65’. I do have the original Rochester 4 BRL intake and chrome air cleaner and a few sets of the original wheels and the orginal spoke wheel covers. I also have an original 8 track tape player and an original spare tire/mag wheel with the Tri-white wall tire that has never been used.

I also have a wooden steering wheel in good condition with the original horn bar in tact!

I also have a few new NOS parts and some reproduction parts headliner, carpet ect..

I’ve had a few back surgeries over the years and decided to find something already done and ready to enjoy.

So, what do I have here? I know I can part it out and do well but I would rather sell it all at once and I would rather sell it locally here in Tampa, Fl.

Tell me what you think!<O:p></O< span>

Thanks<O:p></O< span>

Hi:

I am located in Tampa and a Riviera collector. I'd love to take a look if you have some time. My number is 813-639-3080.

Regards, Paul