Get Ready for a Few 22nd Series Custom Questions

Guest BJM

Hope some of you can help. Received my 1948 Custom 8 four door 2 days ago. This is a non running project vehicle with rust but not a parts car. Still learning the ins and outs and car will be stored off site and more then likely restored by a professional shop.

One of the wheels was so badly rusted it can not be re-used. Will any 1948-49 Packard wheels work for this car or do I need to purchase Custom 8 rims?

The lower trim- some is missing, some is dented. Are these occasionally available on ebay?

Guest bkazmer
Hope some of you can help. Received my 1948 Custom 8 four door 2 days ago. This is a non running project vehicle with rust but not a parts car. Still learning the ins and outs and car will be stored off site and more then likely restored by a professional shop.

One of the wheels was so badly rusted it can not be re-used. Will any 1948-49 Packard wheels work for this car or do I need to purchase Custom 8 rims?

The lower trim- some is missing, some is dented. Are these occasionally available on ebay?

the lower trim is reproduced I believe

Like the chart says, the wheel for a 1948 - 50 Custom is for that model only. A wheel from a lower model Packard is not right. They are getting harder to find, but you'll get one eventually.
There is a seller on ebay in nearby Albert Lea MN - a business - that is parting out a 48 Custom 8 and I plan to buy a lot off of him including a wheel or two. We put a 1970 Buick rim on it, just so it will roll around. We drilled out the hole for the pilot, put it on the back and barely got it on but good enough to roll.

• 1 month later...

Howdy. I have owned a Custom eight Club coupe since 1989 and I have 1 complete Custom 4 door and another less frame. I have many extra wheels.

I would like to get rid of much of this if not all. I have always had everything stored inside. They have been stored inside since the early late 70's early 80's prior to my purchase in the late 90's. I am also willing to trade for just about anything auto or automobilia or aircraft related.

Rob

South Georgia

1921 Packard Single Six 116 Touring

1948 Packard Custom Club +

1948 Packard 4 Door-Parts

1949 Packard Std eight Club coupe-Parts

1950 DeSoto Convertible

1969 Volvo 1800S

1980 International Scout Turbo Diesel

1997 Land Rover Defender 90