Anyone know what these wheels fit? 30's Chevy truck?

57Ford

This wheel came with a group of parts for a mid 30's Chevy 1-1/4 ton truck, but I'm not sure if that's what it fits because there were a few wheels of different sizes. The tire on this wheel is 8.25-20, the hub is 5-1/8" in diameter, and the lug holes are 3/4" in diameter. Does anybody have an idea of what this wheel will fit? (In a separate post, I am also including another wheel that was included with this group of parts. It is very similar, but has slightly different dimensions.) Thanks in advance for your help!

post-66506-143139100332_thumb.jpg

post-66506-143139100335_thumb.jpg

post-66506-143139100597_thumb.jpg

post-66506-1431391006_thumb.jpg

Guest De Soto Frank

This is also a GM wheel; probably 1939-46. This is a three-piece rim, with a locking ring, side flange, and rim section.

The later rims with the 6+ " center hole may fit older trucks, but these rims with the 5" center hole generally do not fit the later trucks, as the center hole is too small to go over the hub.

For what it's worth, 1938 -33 Chevy truck wheels are generally flatter in the center disc and have more triangular vent holes, and can accomodate only 6.00 / 6.50 x 20 tires (you'll often see 32 x 6 tires on these older wheels).

What is the PCD or bolt pattern of the wheels 57?

The bolt pattern is a big help when u need to ID wheels.

I googled PCD and found this site on how to work it out--

www.westerntowing.co.uk

click on Home

go to Information [rt side]

click on Guides and Diagrams

click on Wheel stud PCD calculator

Cheers

Manuel in Oz

• 2 weeks later...