63 headliner

tenugent

I've seen guys in upholstery shops use live steam to take out wrinkles, but if you're thinking of using a head gun, you'll just melt it. Take it to an upholstery shop and see what they can to with it.

You don't say how old the headliner is. In most cases, the original headliner was sewn with cotton thread and had cotton material used for the sleeve, which the bow runs through. That cotton will eventually succumb to age and rot. If you try to mess with on original headliner, you might make thigs worse. You can get replaceemtn headlines or you could perhaps take that one out and have new sleeves sewn into it.

Ed

Guest Kingoftheroad
its a new headliner from stockinteriors-basketweave.thanks.

I had a pro install my headliner & he used a heat gun to take out wrinkles. And my headliner looks GREAT !!

I had a pro install my headliner

That's why it didn't melt. Just like any other job, talent comes with time and experience. I say this because when I was with the vinyl repair franchising operation in Kansas City, each of our technicians was taught how to use a heat gun to melt vinyl to the point where the vinyl repair paste would bond to it and it could be re-grained.

If you want to experiment with something like this yourself, try it first with your wife's hair dryer; start on low then work to high. Don't use one of those 500* heat guns.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)