57 buick front suspension

I found a 57 Special for sale at a good price. The owner stated that it has been setting for several years because the front end is shot. It's a one year only unit that is expensive to repair. Are there any later upgrades for this suspension? I know that "clipping" is an option but that is beyond my ability. My thumbs are greasy not burnt.

The owner was probably refering to the ball joints, which are a one year only part. They were very expensive years ago, about $100 each, upper and lower, some vendors were asking muck more.<BR>They can still be found, sometimes on e-bay,<BR>around the same price.<BR>I don't know about the rest of the front end parts.<P>Jim Schilf / palbuick@aol.com

Kanter gets $150 apiece for rebuilt ball joints ,and if you find NOS they are $200 a pop .The 57 has a shaky front end at best. The brakes are border line and they don't steer that well. Before anyone gets mad at me for these statements ,let me say that I drove a 57 Caballero all over the country hauling a 54 Airstream , and they are a little scary to drive .

check with rare parts inc.in california to remachine new sockets and balls for the ball joints. you will have to have a auto related buissness call because they are wholesale only. I just did a total front end rebuild on my 57 roadmaster SHAFTS BUSHINGS ,TYRODS ETC..... But after some very serious investagation on how the ball joints are rebuilt i found a lot of rebuilders that fill with metal type epoxy, but rare parts are the only one i found that machines new sockets and balls. <BR> I hope this helps. Also check with local auto parts for shafts,bushings, tyrods etc....