Windows switches for my 65'

Guest pgadler

Guest pgadler

My set of window switches on the driver side is bust. The housing has snapped. I have found many switches (set of 4, front and rear power windows) for GM cars, but the lugs for the screws holding the switch housing in place, is set offset, and my switch has the lugs centered.

Does anyone know of a source?

Best,

Patrik/Sweden

Guest pgadler

Sry, not correct item for a 65' and probably not either 63-64. On a 65' the buttons are oriented 2x2 and not in line.

Guest pgadler

Well, I have learned something, again :-).

"Upgraded"? How? I have the custom interior with Beaumonde cloth. Is that what You mean with upgraded?

The few armrest (read one) I have seen on eBay looks like mine.

Factory "custom" interiors had extended arm rests in which the seat and window controls were mounted. The '65 "custom" interior is also identifiable by the full length wood grain panels, door handles for the back seat, and ribbed rocker panel. The '65 'standard' interior has a single door handle, a small arm rest, and the controls are mounted on the door panel.

The car pictured is a rather unusual '65. It has the standard interior, but was ordered with the wood steering wheel and the optional rear arm rest.

Ed

Factory "custom" interiors had extended arm rests in which the seat and window controls were mounted. The '65 "custom" interior is also identifiable by the full length wood grain panels, door handles for the back seat, and ribbed rocker panel. The '65 'standard' interior has a single door handle, a small arm rest, and the controls are mounted on the door panel.

The car pictured is a rather unusual '65. It has the standard interior, but was upgraded with the wood steering wheel and the optional rear arm rest.

Ed

Guest Rob J

Yes, I think that's what he meant. Those switches are NOT correct for the custom (optional) interior. Alini's car has the standard interior. Check e-bay. I see them often listed there. Alini, be careful with OPG. They have lots of incorrect parts for the first gen Rivs. Do a search here and find out. Not too many happy customers. I wish they'd get there (S**t) together with their parts offerings.

See this for the interior options available for the 65.

1965 Buick Riviera Interior Trim