Rear Trunk Dynaflow Emblem

Guest Mike1947

Guest Mike1947

I was looking over the 1950 Buick Special that I have, just checking wiring and other areas. I have a question about the Dynaflow Crest on the back of the trunk. There seems to be two open bulb holders in there without any bulbs or wires. Was wondering if those are bulb holders and if other higher end models actually had them wired to the headlight? It would be a neat touch if that was the case, but I'm not sure if I'm seeing two bulb holders or just some sort of fastener. I have not found anything in the shop manual yet, but thought I would ask the group. Thanks for any help.

Mike

The Dyna - Flow trunk plastic lenses do not have any lights behind them in 1950 Buicks. The Buick Eight trunk plastic lenses had lights behind them in 1939 for the new turn signals that year. I'm not sure how long Buick did that, but they did not do it after the Post-World War Two models came out. I've never owned a '40 or a '41 Buick, so someone else will have to answer for those.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Guest Mike1947

Pete

Thanks for the response. I guess what I thought was in there is just as fastener or something like that. It would be cool, but if it did not come like that in any model, I don't think I want to modify anything.

Thanks again!

Mike