Identifing Car (Pierce-Arrow)

DNC

Nope, it's a 1932 Series 54 club sedan. Here is a car in my garage to compare. The 30 and 31 grill were flat, this one is angeled back with a V. Also compare bumpers to my photos. Ed

post-31625-143139082754_thumb.jpg

post-31625-143139082782_thumb.jpg

It's a factory body. The hood panel Id's the car as an eight. Options are archer, six wheels, wire wheels, sidemount covers, two tone paint, chrome windshield. Here is a photo of another car like it in the Pierce Arrow museum. 214 of them were built, 9 are still here(club sedans). The 1932 Series 54's are nice cars. I have two of them currently, a 2 passenger sport coupe and a 5 passenger sedan. Ed :)

post-31625-143139085327_thumb.jpg

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

Ed, Thank you very much for your most detailed response. The photo I shared was from a friend of mine. The car belonged to his grandparent's. He is going to be very happy to learn the information you have shared. He is an architecture historian so although not having a knowledge of automobiles he can still appreciate what you have shared. Interestingly he has the hood mascot from the car.

Again, many thanks!

It's a factory body. The hood panel Id's the car as an eight. Options are archer, six wheels, wire wheels, sidemount covers, two tone paint, chrome windshield. Here is a photo of another car like it in the Pierce Arrow museum. 214 of them were built, 9 are still here(club sedans). The 1932 Series 54's are nice cars. I have two of them currently, a 2 passenger sport coupe and a 5 passenger sedan. Ed :)