Door Panel Question

<BR> I am in the process of restoring the vinyl door panels for my Buick. I was wondering if anyone knows what adhesive to use to secure the extra vinyl to the back of the panel. FYI, there are two different panel types have two different backing materials. One is metal, the other is cardboard type material. Any info would be appreciated. Thanx.<BR>

Guest John Chapman

AZ--<P>3M makes a variety of adhesives for this purpose. I'd recommend finding a auto upholstery shop jobber (supplier) like Keystone or Universal Fabric Outlet (UFO) and ask for their advice. You'll most likely want the spray on variety which can be had for about $7 a can at one of these suppliers... or NAPA/Kragen/AutoZone/PEP Boys. Supplier is better, because they'll likely have correct product AND good advice.<P>Cheers,<BR>John<P>------------------<BR>John Chapman<BR>BCA 35894<BR>1965 Skylark Convertible (Some Assembly Required)<BR> jmchapman@aol.com

If you cannot find the aerosal cans of glue,contact me and I send you one. I do car interiors for a living. Ken<P>------------------<BR>455 Ken 72 455 Skylark,97 supercharged Riviera

Another door panel question: I'd like to transplant my door panel upholstery onto a new panel . Old ones are warped from dampness, but the upholstery is fine. Are replacement backings available? If I have to build them I'll have to get creative to duplicate the wrap-around curve at the top. Any ideas or should I experiment until I get it right? I'm thinking of using thin plywood, cutting shallow grooves in it parallel to the curve, bending it and locking the bend in with a thin piece of fiberglass cloth set in epoxy resin on the inside of the curve. Sound good? The car is a '66 Sportwagon.<BR>Rod