33 Pierce Arrow Model and Serial Number Location

pint4

Where does one find the Model Number, Body Style, and Serial Number on a 33 Pierce Arrow? Many makes of cars put the information on the firewall? Any suggestions? Also wondering what engines are interchangeable with a 33 Pierce 8 cylinder? Other years? Can you drop a 12 Piece in to replace a 8 or are there serious modifications.

Thanks

There should be a serial number plate on the left frame rail, visible behind the left front tire under fender. This will give serial number, but not other information. The Pierce Arrow Society may have history of your car based on the serial number.

Your car is probably an 836, 8 cylinder car on 136 inch wheelbase. There are numerous differences between the 8 and 12, so it's not just a matter of dropping a 12 in the car.

Many other year 8 cylinder engines will fit in the 1933, are you looking for an engine? I know where there are 8 cylinder engines available, 12's are tough....

Thanks for the info regarding the Serial Number location. I checked and did not find anything in the location where I was told to look. I did not find a plate, I did not find anything stamped into the frame either. I even checked both sides and did not find anything. I crawled down under and did not see anything. Was there an alternate location? Maybe it is missing, then what??

Thanks!

There was a plate, about 4 inches by 6 inches, that was riveted on the front frame rail, if it's gone you should still see two small holes about 6 inches apart where it used to be.

What's the motor number? We could tell something from that.....