Need 1935 DB pickup frame

Guest 1935dodgepu

Vintage Dodge of Calif does have one frame i think it is truck from what I had seen but its damaged and they wont sell it due to liability they said. They also have one 1935 dodge 1/2 ton truck there as well it has several good pieces on it but they want to sell it as it is but would not give me a price. I had gone there to buy items from them and spent a month trying to do so and never got a price from them on the items I wanted to purchase. Maybe you will have better luck

I did manage to find one 1934 frame that is suppose to be truck but the front has been cut on it still not sure what I am going to do about this . I also just bought a Plymouth PD coupe which has a frame under it but I havent compared the to see what differences there is.

Jen

Edited by Jen_ (see edit history)

• 6 months later...
I was in contact several times around '00 with Al Smith of Ram Enterprises in Calif. before he passed away. I bought some of his repro stuff and he got interested in my KCL. I can't put my hand on the letter right now,I've looked this morning,but Al said in one of his letters the car frames from 1933 were the same as the 1/2 ton truck frames for '33,'34 and '35 in the 112" length except for "a cross piece at the rear near the gas tank". I would like to find that letter to confirm my memory but I do remember him saying they were the 'same'. I suppose that was one more reason why Chrysler called them Commercial Cars. I assume the 119" long wheelbase chassis like mine would again be the 'same' except for length and this 'cross piece'. I do not have another chassis or photo to compare mine to so I don't know what cross piece he was referring to.

Al had several 1933 and '34 car and truck chassis in varying conditions so I have to assume he knew what he was talking about. He published a fantastic catalog of repro parts for those years and is greatly missed. His stock and business was bought by Vintage Dodge of Calif. but they have let it die.

Didn.t die KCL. Had to go through alot of legal stuff to contnue the business. Plus i came into this with no knowledge of this business plus running a trucking company.

post-78906-143139328002_thumb.jpg

Here's a '36 frame in Kirkwood, NY. Maybe?

Dodge plymouth 1933 1934 1935 1936 parts

The very top picture of a 1933 Dodge DP frame rear.1936 frame will not work for a 1934 build pick up. Totally different. the following pictures is for a 1/2 ton 33 to 35 p/u. The gear box is just behind the center line of the front axle and just below the generator as seen on pictures # 1 and 4. It also passes through the center of the frame rail. Also the front spring u bolt passes through a bracket that is attached the the bottom of the frame rail on picture # 3. The rear mount as you can see that the tail lite bracket along with the box mounting attaches to the bracket above the frame rail, picture # 2.post-78906-143139319535_thumb.jpg Go to post # 10 for the 1936 frame set up. The rear section on a 33 DP is different than the KC. I.ll pull the rear panel of to take pictures to show the difference. Also the gas fueling tube exits behind the driver side rear fender.

post-78906-143139319509_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143139319519_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143139319527_thumb.jpg

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)

post-78906-143139319614_thumb.jpgPictures of a 1936 to 1938 1/2 ton Dodge frame. 1st picture as you can see the front u bolt passes through the frame rail. In picture #2, the gear box passes through a bracket that mounts to the top frame rail plus the gear box is just behind the distributor and about a foot behind the front axle.In picture #4, the box is bolted to the top of frame rail. The tail lite mounts to a bracket that mounts to the rear of the p/u box. Also the gas tube exits through the driver side rear of cab.

post-78906-143139319596_thumb.jpg

post-78906-143139319605_thumb.jpg

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)

• 4 years later...
Guest mike pupo
On 6/16/2012 at 1:04 PM, 1935dodgepu said:

I am in need of a frame for my 1935 (early) Dodge Brothers pickup. Wheelbase is 112 inches.

Is there another frame that can be substituted?

Thanks, John

1935dodgepu@gmail.com

hey i have a mint i think 36 db truck frame   that i posted on this web site under mike pupo   what is this  you can check it out  or call me at 408-354-5205