Intake=exhaust, exhaust=intake, this way that way, who knows, backwards nailhead!

Wild is right!!! Looks like the same effect could be had by overdriving the blower(s) but it sure has the "look". Exhaust drives the turbos, roots supplies pre charged mixture to them & its for a vintage chris craft or vintage drag boat???????

'67 Skylark, the nsilhead has a poor exhaust port design. What they have done here is to change the exhaust ports/valves into the intake. With the blower pushing the air/fuel mixture the poor ports are a moot point. Now the intake port in a nailhead is one of the best, so on this engine it is now the exhaust. <BR>So to sum it up, you now have the best ports doing the exhaust and the bad exhaust ports now don't matter because the air/fuel is being pushed though them. <P>------------------<BR>buickfam@aol.com<BR>Life long Buick Fan.<BR>1965 Skylark H/T<BR>1965 Gran Sport Convertible<BR>1948 Chevy Pickup with 401 Buick.

Yes wildcat65, the cam would have to ne redesigned. <P>------------------<BR>buickfam@aol.com<BR>Life long Buick Fan.<BR>1965 Skylark H/T<BR>1965 Gran Sport Convertible<BR>1948 Chevy Pickup with 401 Buick.

Guest John Chapman

Brian,<P>With your comments, the plumbing now makes sense... I flew 500 hours on Pratt & Whitney's PT-6, so backwards exhaust I understand (reverse axial flow turboprop). <P>What was the application for this motor? How many were produced? What were the mods required to have this nailhead run? I'd love to see what it goes in!<P>Cheers, <BR>John

John, it's in a boat and that is all I know. frown.gif If I find out more I will post it.<P>------------------<BR>buickfam@aol.com<BR>Life long Buick Fan.<BR>1965 Skylark H/T<BR>1965 Gran Sport Convertible<BR>1948 Chevy Pickup with 401 Buick.

there was an altered at central Mich dragway the had a front mounted Potvin blower with a reverse grind cam on a nail head back in the late 60s and the guy said he did it because he could push fuel through the little exhaust valves and scavenge with the larger intakes. It seemed to run quite well, but I don't remember the numbers. I know he gave Gabby Bleeker from Chicago all he could handle ,and Gabby ran a fuel altered