Bentley Old Boy seeks prewar barn-find Bentley

Guest Mike Rose

Guest Mike Rose

I've managed to rescue the original sedan body from a 1937 Bentley

The idiot owner of the Bentley only wanted the mint chassis so that he could ruin it completely by building a Le Mans Replica Boy-Racer

The body is mint, and he did supply everything I need to resurrect a car... so it would be much appreciated if all you enthusiasts who know of barns and workshops that could use the space a derelict Bentley is hogging right now, kindly form an orderly queue with all your replies. cool:

Market price paid

Thanks in anticipation

Mike:

Edited by Mike Rose (see edit history)

Mike, best of luck on your search and this is a well written thread - too bad the PO decided to go that route with a nice car and not a wreck. Try "Buy and Sell section of the forum as some readers never venture beyond that. You never know, your guy may be there...

Hope you stick around and share your progress with your project.

Guest Mike Rose

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement, Steve.. I hadn't realized there's a stellar beg borrow and steal place in aaca cyberspace.

I shift over there and repost and tell you about the rush of enthusiastic replies

MikeR ;)

• 2 weeks later...

That's been happening in Germany regularly for the past few years, they come to England, buy a good car, take it back to Germany, remove the body which then gets advertised on e bay and make a boy racer out of the chassis, and it is not only Bentleys this is happening to.

One problem is the boy racer/hot rod will sell for considerably more than the Bentley Saloon (sedan)