Desperately seeking a 32 modell 55 hood center strip

Guest bernieconrad

Guest bernieconrad

I am seeking a hood center strip for my 1932 Model 55 six cylinder St. Regis project. I also need a radiator core support and a windshield frame.

Any help in finding these parts will be greatly appreciated.

Bernie

Guest bernieconrad

Thanks for the quick response. The length of the hood is 36 inches. So the hinge strip is probably 36 or slightly longer depending on how it fits to the finials at the cowl and radiator shell.

I'll keep my fingers crossed until I hear from you.

Bernie

Guest 32mod55

I measured my hood cp and it is 34 1/4" long, 1' wide at the narrow end and 1 7/8" wide at the wide end. Hope that helps.

Guest bernieconrad

I think it is the one I am looking for. I have a series of detailed photos of other cars and it appears the finials make up the small difference in length.

What kind of condition are they in and how much would you like to have for them?

If you prefer, you can reach me at bernie@abemblem.com.

Thanks,

Bernie

Guest bernieconrad
What is the length of the one you need. I have a couple that are too short for a president that might be mod 55.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

Another forum member, 32MOD55, gave me the proper length which is 34 1/4 long and 1" wide at the narrow end and 1 7/8 at the wide end.

I hope that is what you have. If it is (fingers crossed), let me the condition and what you would be willing to sell one for.

Bernie

Guest bernieconrad
I have the hood strip. Anything else you need?

Funny you should ask. The hood center strip was number one on my list, but there is more. I am looking for the following:

Splash Apron Driver Side

Radiator Core Support

Radiator to Firewall Rods

Fender to Radiator Shell Support Rods and Fittings

Headlight Mounts

Windshield Frame

Hood Latches

Bumper Mounting Clamps

It would be great if you have one or more of these items. Just let me know the condition and what you would take for each.

Thanks

Bernie

bernie@abemblem.com

What is the length of your side apron? I have one of the driver side about 42 inches long. What do you mean by radiator core support? Have headlight mounts, windshield frame, hood latches on hood. Do you need all 4 bumper clamps? How long are the firewall rods. I might just have everything you need.

Guest bernieconrad

Thanks for the quick reply. I am very pleased to hear you have so many of the parts I need.

The splash apron will definitely work.

The radiator core support is a "U" shaped piece of flat steel approx. 2" wide and relatively thick. It attaches to the center of the front frame cross member and on the sides to the radiator shell with six rivets or bolts on each side. Since I don't have the pieces I can only repeat what I've been told and can discern from the pieces and and points the radiator core support attaches to.

The radiator shell to fire wall rods should be about 38 to 40" long.

Yes we need the four bumper clamps.

We need both head light mounts.

We need the windshield frame.

We need the four hood latches.

The one thing you didn't mention was the "Fender to Radiator Shell Support Rods and Fittings". If you have them we need them for both sides.

Thanks for all your help.

Bernie

P.S. It might be easier to communicate if you could send me your email address.

Guest bernieconrad

Hello Rex,

Based on your email address I’m assuming your name is Rex.

Thanks for getting back to me regard the support rods. I’m glad you have them. Do the support rods have the fittings with them?

Did you have any luck with the radiator core support? If not, we can fabricate the part. Our preference is an original one, but we can make do.

In any case I would like to buy everything you have. Please give me an indication of the condition of the windshield frame, the hood center strip, and the driver side splash apron (if possible, some pictures would be very helpful). The other parts should be easy to restore.

I am located in Western North Carolina very close to Asheville. I have had parts shipped to me by Trailways before and it seems to work well. I would be willing to drive to some midway point Cincinnati, Louisville, etc. if you have some reason to be traveling in any of those areas in the not too distant future.

Please tell me what you want for everything and how you’d like to me to get you the money.

the hood center strip.

the radiator shell to fire wall rods.

the four bumper clamps.

both head light mounts.

the windshield frame.

the four hood latches.

the fender to radiator shell support rods and fittings.

the driver side splash apron.

the radiator core support (if you have it).

Thanks,

Bernie

P.O. Box 695

287 Merrimon Ave.

Weaverville, NC 28787

828-231-1142