My New 53 Buick special 4dr sedan.

Guest 53buickspecial8

Guest 53buickspecial8

Starting my first antique resto of a 53 buick special. Turns out it even runs and doesn't smoke a bit. Put a new 6v battery in it and new gas started right up.

Oil Changed, Dynaflow transmission Pan Gasket and refill of transmission fluid.

I drove it home after that.

Now its time to strip it down and rebuild it.

This will be much more labot intensive than the last project of a 93 S-10 Blazer. This one has fewer holes than the S-10 and I have already found the new Rocker panels.

Anyone know where I could have the Body and frame Dipped at a reasonable price??:rolleyes:

post-85726-143138985889_thumb.jpg

post-85726-143138985895_thumb.jpg

Guest 53buickspecial8

Thanks, I have already started the tear down. Unfortunately I dropped my Camera and it broke have to get a new one for updated pics.

Guest 53buickspecial8

my wife however had some on her computer she downloaded already from the camera.

post-85726-143138989198_thumb.jpg

post-85726-143138989203_thumb.jpg

post-85726-143138989207_thumb.jpg

post-85726-143138989212_thumb.jpg

post-85726-143138989217_thumb.jpg

Guest shadetree77

Welcome to the forum! Nice Buick! Looks like a good, solid start for a project. Might I suggest you move on down to the Buick Clubs section for further posts? You might get more responses from the fellow Buick guys down there. Here's a link: http://forums.aaca.org/#buick-clubs . Lots of friendly Buick guys there and LOTS of invaluable information and help! I started my '52 project a year ago and without the help from these guys I would be lost most of the time. If you haven't already, you should also consider joining the Buick Club Of America. The monthly issues of the Buick Bugle Magazine are worth the price of admission alone. Not to mention all of the other perks. You can check out the BCA here: Buick Club of America - BCA - Welcome . Anyway, back to your '53. What are your plans for it? Original restoration, custom/modified, etc.? Look forward to hearing from you down on the Buick section.

• 1 month later...