TWIN PITCH TRANNIES

I HAVE A 67 SKYLARK CONV. WITH A 300 2V<BR>BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE THE TWIN PITCH TANNY.<BR>I DO HAVE A 67 HARD TOP THAT DOES (PARTS CAR)<BR>WILL I HAVE ANY PROBLEMS PUTTING THE TWIN PITCH INTO MY CONVERTABLE.<P>THANKS

Guest John Chapman

... and you'll need the auto steering column and the shift indicator and the neutral safety switch and the idle stator switch.... Hope it was an auto car to begin with....<p>[This message has been edited by John Chapman (edited 10-09-2000).]

The convert I have is an automatic, but I<BR>was told there should be a button under the<BR>gas peddle that activates the twin pitch process at full throttle. mine does not have this, is this wrong what I was told? and did all skylarks in '67 have this ST-300 tranny?<P>thanks for all the replies I really appreciate it.<P>

Guest John Chapman

New....<P>Did you purchase the shop manual(s) yet? You're going to need them, and they will answer a lot of your questions. Best $50-100 you'll spend.<P>ST 300 was the only automatic offered on the '67 Skylark. Other transmissions were manual 3 and 4 speeds.<P>My '65 has the SP 300. There is a transmision control switch <I>and</I> an idle speed stator switch. Both are underhood and hooked to the throttle linkage.<BR>Transmission switch controls converter (shift to high stall speed) under WOT. Idle speed switch sets high stall at closed trottle to unload the engine. '67 may have had a 'button' under the throttle, but I don't think so. I'm sure there are others that know for sure.<P>For more details, see: <A HREF="http://www.aaca.org/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000313.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.aaca.org/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000313.html</A> <P>Also, do a search on ST 300 on this site.<P>Cheers,<BR>John<P>------------------<BR>John Chapman<BR>BCA 35894<BR>1965 Skylark Convertible (Some Assembly Required)<BR> jmchapman@aol.com <p>[This message has been edited by John Chapman (edited 10-11-2000).]

Guest John Chapman

I had a stroke of luck this weekend...<BR>Found a '64 Special in the upullit. Was able to get the idle speed switch from it. Mounts as part of the accelerator dashpot. Much neater than the set up on the linkage. Noticable improvement in traffic drivability.<P>John<P>------------------<BR>John Chapman<BR>BCA 35894<BR>1965 Skylark Convertible (Some Assembly Required)<BR> jmchapman@aol.com

I have a 67 Shop manual in great cond., <BR> $60.00 plus shipping....be quick with your reply as Im going to swap meet in Portland and will definatly sell it there if I dont here back from you on Thurs.<BR> Drop me an E @ dlw29@hotmail.com<P> Thanks,don55