I actually found a '64 at the Pick-A-Part

mt65riv

And man did I get a bunch of stuff off it. It has apparently been there for a couple weeks. The turn signal lenses/grills and headlight grills as well as all the drums were gone before I got there. I had hoped to get the grills so I can put the '65 headlights behind them on my project convertible.

I did score a perfect set of buckets (non-power) for my '55 project. Also a perfect dash pad and console. Armrests for the rear, wiper arms, steering wheel, front bumpers and grill. A ton of small parts.

The engine was frozen but still had the carb, and the body was full of cancer. That's what amazed me about the front seats and dash. The rear seat was trash. All the inside trim around the windows was bad. Both fenders and core support were rotten. It was a car from Lincoln City on the Oregon coast.

This was as basic a car as I have seen. No power on the interior, clear glass, basic, basic, basic.

Still, it was a good haul for 1/2 price day!

post-74569-143138982346_thumb.jpg

That sounds like a great haul. Actually that car has only been at that yard since 5-16 according to their website inventory search.

Interesting coincidence, there were two '65's on CL from Lincoln City for sale over the last few months. One of them was just listed a few days ago.

I thought it was another Riv in LC.:o It does look better then it did when it was red. I wonder how coats of paint it has. There was white paint peeking out from under the red paint. It also looks like it lost the 1/2 vinyl roof. I wrote to the guy some time back and I found out it's quite a project.

I'm still keeping an eye out for one that is waiting for me to find it.;)

Yeah, I found my red one in Portland for a lot less than his and it has more options.

Mine does need floors, interior and paint. Runs good, though.

Keep looking, they are still out there. I saw one in Clatskanie (I think, it was just before I got mine) for $1k. Black. Been in a barn for years. Still a good place to start.

You sound like me with the cars. Good variety.