what`s my 86 cut.supreme with 19k miles worth?

I just bought a mint 86 from the original owner with only 19k miles. 3.8. Dosen`t leak a drop of anything, chestnut(gold) color, all factory stock. Not a spot of rust on undercarriage or body. All original manuals with it including the cassette tape olds gave you to listen to. Never hit all original back factory mats never stepped on yes...stepped on. Just gave it a tune up still had the gm rotor and all original plugs and wires still in great shape. Was garaged from 86 and not taken out in the rain or snow. You can still see the factory undercoating...what do you think it`s worth??

Run over to your local bookstore and get the latest issue of Old Car Price Guide magazine.It'll give you a rough idea based on condition and keep in mind it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. How much did you give??? wink.gif" border="0

Guest leadfoot

As a used car, you probably paid the right amount and/or maybe you got a slight bargain. As a collectable car it's pretty ordinary and won't be eligible for the AACA for nine more years. If this '86 were mine I'd drive it as an occasional second car and also maintain it well. Maybe in 2011 you can get your First Junior with it! Or you could wait until 2021 and certify it as HPOF (assuming the rules stay the same).

You never told us what body style your Cutlass is and what model since we made several. In any case you did get a bargain if the overall condition matches the miles. My estimate is that the car would probably be worth in the 3-3500 dollare range to someone looking for a good car to use as a driver. You do need to decide what it is worth to you to maintain or to show. The Oldsmobile Club of America allows you to show your car for judging if you do decide so that is something to think about if it trips your trigger.<P>This is the type of car that a dealer can throw the book away on. The miles are so incredibly low and there are folks who would buy it at that price for a work car, car for son/daughter etc.

Thanks everyone btw it`s a 2 door, 1/2 vinyl roof, am/fm cassette, side mouldings, factory door edge guards, wire hub caps, 3.8 v6, 200trans., tilt, cruise,thats about it.

VICV,<BR>I found a recent old car price guide and they list the value of your car as follows by condition: #6 $188.<BR> #5 $564.<BR> #4 $940.<BR> #3 $1880.<BR> #2 $3290.<BR> #1 $4700. <P>Is your car a #2?? It could be! I'd say you found a pretty good value. Up here in the rust belt, alot of the cutlasses of that era had rusted out frames behind the rear wheels. I suspect with 19,000 miles, that isn't an issue with yours! Enjoy!

thanks for the prices. no rust at all. Even the original exhust is still silver including the converter. Gas tank.....not a spot of rust also.