1923-1925 Buick visavi McLaughlin

Leif Holmberg

I have alway wonder why most of 1923-1925 AU and NZ "Buicks" have had the licens bracket below the head lights,my conclusion (right or wrong)is that all those cars are Canadian built ,and my conclusion is that US built "Buicks"have those brackets in the middle of the head lights 1923-1925.I have a 1924 Canadian built 4cyl.model 35 and I bought that car in pices,and got different head lights with the car,I putted what I thought was right on my car the same type as on my US built 1925 Std.model.But a couple of days ago I phoned a friend of mine that also have a 1924 Canadian built Buick and asked him, he told me that he had the original head lights on his car,with the licens bracket below the head lights.

I know other people on this forum also have been thinking about this,so let`s hear what you think about my ideas.

Leif in Sweden

Guest Mike Hanning

Hello Leif,

I believe you are correct, the US cars have the bracket in the middle and the Canadian cars have them below the headlights.

My 1924 4cyl. model 35 Canadian Special has the bar below the lights. I also have an original 1924 Buick US sales brochure and all the cars have the bar in the middle. I have photos of Canadian Buicks all with the bar underneath and also I have photos and sales publications for the US Buicks showing the bar in the middle. The US built Buicks went to the underneath bar in 1926.

Best regards,

Mike Hanning

Christchurch

New Zealand BCA #40630