83 Riv frame /undercarriage

Guest northmn

Guest northmn

Was the frame on these originally painted and if so was it black gloss /satin/semigloss? Also was the underside of the bodyand under the floor painted black and then rubberized undercoated at the factory or was it only painted black and if so was it a black gloss/satin/or semigloss? The suspension components/control arms are still painted what appears to be satin black after all the undercoating was removed. If no one knows I will just do everything in satin or semigloss black but it would be nice to put it back the way it was when it came from the factory after all the work I'am doing pulling the frame right out.

Bob

the frame on my 84 was black but the floor pans which are still very nice are a grey color. These are the pans that the car came with and have never been changed. I was under the car for a long time today as I am trying to get ALL of the oil leaks fixed and was just looking how clean the floors are.

both of my valve covers leak badly but hopefully that will be fixed by monday. there sure is a lot of stuff to move out of the way to get to the valvecovers. Tons of vacuum lines and other junk to relocate. Then its on to the cv joints and new tires, and an allignment. Car should be roadworthy within the next few months. Any body have issues with oil leaks. Olds V8 motor

Chuck Kerls

Guest Buicklover

The frame on my '83 Riv Convertible is a black satin looking paint. You can still see an off white color stamp in the left frame rail. Can't remember exactly what is says. Also the floor pans are gray/white in color, and are original.

Guest northmn

Wow i was really off on what i thought the undercarriage colors where originally. I'am just about ready to pull the entire frame out to do a complete underneath restore. I may as well repaint everything as was when new or close to it. The only colour remaining on the underside of mine is black in spots and no trace of light gray. Could this black be epoxy primer left behind or could my under body have been entirley black instead? Was this gray in your picture continued throughout the entire under body and under the gas tank area? Was the engine oil pan left unpainted or painted black? I see the transmission oil pan was left unpainted by the looks of the picture.