Headlight Resilver

Bill Harmatuk

Does anybody know if the company, Uvira, Inc. is still in business??

I only want to have my reflectors done right and according to old threads and Google Uvira is the place to have the job done.

Is Uvira still requiring the headlight reflectors be nickel plated first before their process??

If so, where is a good place to have the reflectors nickel plated??

I called and left messages and have gotten no response.

Thanks in advance.

Bill Harmatuk

30 Chrysler CJ

A Google search showed:

Uvira Inc has a location in Merlin, OR. Active officers include William W Atwood, Margaret Atwood and Kenneth Newfarmer. The company's line of business includes Mfg Search/Navigation Equipment Commercial Physical Research Mfg Optical Instruments/Lenses.

Website: uvira.com - uvira Resources and Information. This website is for sale! (domain name for sale)

direct dial: (541) 474-5050

Category: Mfg Search/Navigation Equipment Commercial Physical Research Mfg Optical Instruments/LensesDetection apparatus: electronic/magnetic field, light/heat, Optical instruments and lenses, Commercial physical research

Source: Dun & Bradstreet last refreshed 11/14/2011

I have used UVIRA in the past and am satisfied with the results. UVIRA makes lighting systems for medical operating rooms and the company founder, Bill Atwood is a car collector. Bill would include a customers reflectors in with a batch of the companies product. Bill used to have the reflectors plated locally and then run them through his process. He now requires the reflectors to be shipped to him already plated in Nickel. As for plating: two possibilities, 1) Pauls Chrome in Evans City PA (near Pittsburgh) and 2) Lakeside Plating in Conneaut, Ohio.

Let us know how you make out as this topic has come up several times on this and other car forums. Call again and ask for Bill by name, which should get you through the front door. I fear once Bill leaves, this capability will cease to exist.

Chris Wantuck

Guest PIKESPEAKING

SEEMS AS THOUGH YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK. I RECENTLY HAD MY REFLECTORS PLATED AT ADVANCED PLATING IN NASHVILLE AND COATED BY UVIRA. THEY CAME OUT GREAT AND UVIRA HAD A QUICK TURNAROUND. I DID ALL COMMUNICATING THROUGH THE WEB. EMAILS WERE ANSWERED PROMPTLY. WOULD DO BUSINESS WITH BOTH AGAIN. WOULD ALSO ADD THAT I DON'T RECALL PRICES ONLY THAT PLATING WAS HIGH AND COATING SEEMED INEXPENSIVE.

Advanced Plating. Chrome Plating and Powder Coating