1930 Buick - Need a small part made.

michaelod

I am in need of assistance from someone who can for a reasonable price fabricate a small rather simple part for me. My 1930 Buick model 68 has a missing attachment bolt on the end of one of the gas tank straps. This would require bending up a section of rod approximately 1/2" in diameter and threading one end of the same. I am sure that I could rig something up that would work, but am trying to stay as true to the original design of all the parts on the car as possible and am not equipped to make the sharp bends in the rod as are seen in the original part. I can supply the other strap which is complete as a pattern. Thank you for your help.

post-63406-14313887194_thumb.jpg

post-63406-143138871949_thumb.jpg

Problem solved! Thanks for the help guys. I went ahead and purchased the bolt on eBay that John pointed out. It may be a bit long but I can shorten it some so that is not an issue. I had not even considered doing a general search for "gas tank strap" on eBay as I did not realize there would be any commonality between years/makes on this part. May not be Buick but at least it is genuine GM.

Thanks again,